Advanced Bodyworks Massage Therapy Business Policies and Procedures
1. Fees and session length variances are determined by length of time a client has been my client. Please know that my sessions are currently 70 minutes and the fee is $85.00. Tips are never expected and always appreciated. Tips do not affect policy.
2. Canceling a session less than 24 hours before the session is scheduled to begin is considered a no-show.
3. If you are late I will wait 15 minutes and then call or text you. 20 minutes late means the session cannot be completed and will be considered a no-show. The session may be shortened by the time late in order to stay on schedule.
4. One free no-show per year is allowed because life happens. Another no-show within 12 months requires that one of the missed sessions be paid in full in order to schedule any subsequent sessions.
5. Payments for services are due at the end of the session. Cash is preferred. Checks may be accepted. A bounced check carries no fee but no more checks will be accepted. No credit cards are accepted.
6. Gift certificates are not available. Packages of multiple sessions are not available.
7. Cancellations are texted to all wait listed clients at the same time. A follow up text will be sent when the available appointment has been filled.
8. Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit you will receive a copy of the massage therapy intake form with policies and asked to sign the form stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who have not been seen for at least a year may also be asked to fill out this form.
9. Massage therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions; nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. Massage services are not intended as an alternative for proper medical attention for specific conditions. Please refer to a medical doctor for any specific condition which requires medical treatment.
10. It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken and/or current medical conditions, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued. The massage therapist is required to follow recommendations of your physician. The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions
11. The client may choose to refuse any massage methods, leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, stop massage at any time, and is free to leave.
12. Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities according to massage therapy laws in this area. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
13. Massage therapist is happy to adjust pressure, musical volume, temperature, work longer on an area or move on if you request it. Clients are asked to speak up if there is something you don’t like or would like to have changed!
14. The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage. I am happy to listen to your conversation and share my professional expertise or to be silent. Sometimes I may ask that you not talk to facilitate a particular massage technique. Please let me know if you would like less talking or no music.